Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Midnight Splendour

For someone who sleeps like she is dead to the world, waking up at 230am is extremely unusual. Last night, when I turned in my sleep, I was awakened, as if by an invisible force, to witness the most spectacular sight. My room was bathed in the golden hue of the almost full moon. It was brighter than never before and I was delighted to be in the centre of its radiant beam. Right above it was a star, the moon’s knight in shining armour, perhaps. They tore apart the dark cloudless sky, with their soft,warm glow, heralding the festival of love. I sprung out of bed and stepped  into the balcony to soak in every minute of this midnight splendor. It suddenly dawned on me that I hadn’t seen stars in a long while ( no pun intended!) let alone star gazed. As I sat on the balcony window the silence was soothing, goosebumpy and the fading winter cold invigorating. Forty minutes later, a light haze masked this Valentine couple. The strained howl of the neighbourhood pariah dogs jarred the silence of the night. I’m excited about re living this experience tonight and join the dalliance of the magnificent moon and the shimmering star. 

No comments:

Tough Love- The Changing face of Corporates

  “ When you come to office, you should keep your personal matters behind ” I remember being told by my manager as a young sales professiona...